The Grand Valley Trails Association presents two New Hikers' Evenings in April.
During these evenings you will learn about Ontario’s system of walking trails with emphasis on our own Grand Valley Trail, The Bruce Trail and the Avon Trail. Long-time hikers and hike leaders Jeanette and Greg Vincent will present information including:
• How the various trail clubs organize hikes on these trails and how you may join them.
• How to find and follow the trails on your own.
• What you need for a day hike - not much, but a few things that will make you more comfortable.
• Boots and socks - hikers with happy feet are the happiest.
• What you can expect to see along the trails in various areas - great views, Spring flowers.
• A few safety tips.
• Bring your questions.
Following these events, Jeanette and Greg will be leading a series of local hikes for new hikers, each in the distance of approximately 7km or 3 hours - details will be posted soon on the Grand Valley Trails Association website www.gvta.on.ca.
Visit Greg's Hiking site at http://www.execulink.com/~gvincent/