Graph Nerds of Boulder Message Board › be creative with big data and/or frontend web development

be creative with big data and/or frontend web development

David P.
equilibric
Boulder, CO
Post #: 3
We are a startup looking for coders who are smart and passionate about what they do - like everyone else :). We do not care much for anything other than creating value that we can sell. This is a great opportunity for learning, growing, pushing oneself to their potential and being apart of something from the ground floor.

What we do now is monitor the blogosphere and social networks to infer who is influential in a particular context. IE: for BBQ Sauces, who ( people, brands, publications ) is influential, what are they talking about, and who is listening. Our primary clients are PR Firms, Marketing Firms, and Brands. We do a little more than that, but, it's a good start. Check us out at http://www.grouphigh....­

We play with *lots* of data - RSS Feeds, HTML Crawling, Social Network APIs, . . . anything we can think of to add to the mix to add value and sell :). We meld all this data together in realtime, and offline, to derive value for our clients. Our current data-stack is Hadoop, HBase, Solr -> Java/Groovy. If you want to play in that space - awesome - let's play!!! The other side of the equation is the frontend. We are agnostic to the platform since most of the work is in HTML/CSS/JavaScript/jQuery being fed data ( JSON/Avro/ProtoBuf/Thrift ) from . . .. somewhere. The real platform is the browser here. That being said, our current platform is PHP-Zend w/ MySQL. If you think you can drive with something better, like Grails/Rails/CGI/a platform you wrote because you were bored/.../etc - super - bring it on!!!

We do not think that inspiration and creativity happen between 9AM and 5PM at a singular location. That said, we have offices in the Flatiron Park ( next to Upslope Brewery if that counts for anything ;) ).

If this sounds enticing in any way, feel free to call me, David ( CTO ), at 720.263.1024, or, respond to this posting. Please don't send me a resume with a templated cover letter. If you respond via email, please include a personalized message. In my experience, resumes are ( poor ) filters. I am more interested in who you are and what drives you.

email : david@grouphigh.com