GrassRoots Music Festivals Message Board › Red Wing Roots Music Festival - Mt. Solon VA - July 11-13, 2014

Red Wing Roots Music Festival - Mt. Solon VA - July 11-13, 2014

Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 27
Anyone familiar with this? Been to? If so, can you share info on experience and camping situation if that is what you did?
Andy S
user 7533269
Richmond, VA
Post #: 69
I went to this festival last year with my son. It's new (last year was the first) so it's not very crowded, which I enjoyed. Only 4 stages ... mostly bluegrass, folk, rockabilly and a little jazz. Parking is onsite, which is nice because you walk back & forth to your car as necessary for food, drinks, etc. We didn't camp, but saw lot of RVs and pop-up campers onsite. Didn't notice tents, though there likely were some.

One downside to this new festival is there were not many vendors (hopefully more this year). Just a handful of dining options and maybe a dozen retail vendors.

If you're looking for a small, not-too-crowded festival, you may enjoy Red Wing Roots. I'm considering going again in July, though likely only for a day or two. It's so small, it's hard to be entertained there for three full days.
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 28
Andy - thanks so much for the info. I am planning on heading to this event this year, I like the line up and since I won't be making it to Floydfest, I think this will be a nice alternative. There is a campgound, not too far that they are shuttling people from so it might work out well.
Group Organizer
Richmond, VA
Post #: 377
feel free to post as a meetup... you'll likely get some interest. We'll miss you at FF but may catch you at some future festival as well.