Grayslake Gamers Message Board › Superhero roleplaying

Superhero roleplaying

Craig W.
user 23324971
Grayslake, IL
Post #: 1
Has anyone tried out the new Marvel Heroes RPG? Any interest in it? It sounds like a fun, very story-driven rather than tactical game. Here's a review:
http://dicemonkey.net...­
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 243
Yes, I tried it out and am up in the air with this one. The base mechanics for handling skills checks or basically any action outcome is interesting. This is definitely geared to the role playing side more in my mind as you kind of have to come up with an explanation why your character's abilities, talents, powers, etc are useful in a situation. Otherwise, everyone seemed generic. Not sure how to explain. You will have to give it a play run to understand what I may be getting at.

Also, I think they have updated the rules for some character generation possibilities. The version I have has very light rules on this and basically makes it sound like you just work with the GM and the other players to figure out what is an acceptable build.

In any case, I am willing to give it another try. Probably playing with the right group will make a big difference with this one.
Chris
Core-fire
Group Organizer
Grayslake, IL
Post #: 19
I have not tried out this game, but would be interested in playing if we could get some people together.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 244
I'm in and could even run as I have the book.
Kirk
user 7379196
Gurnee, IL
Post #: 6
Sounds interesting to me. Would be willing to give it a try.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 246
Let's do it then!
A former member
Post #: 1
If I'm not the only first timer, I'd be interested too. Question, when and where do you guys play?
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 247
We normally play at Chris' house on Sundays. Which Sunday is sporadic though we try monthly. I would be open to other locations but so far no one has provided alternatives.
A former member
Post #: 2
I would love a public location the first time if possible.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 249
I am ok with that if we can get enough people. I would like to get at minimum 3 confirmed players. I have a friend that works at the Round Lake Library and they have an open gaming room every other Sunday. Checked it out this past Sunday and the room is big enough to accomodate several groups. Anyway, we could look into doing it there if people were interested.