Grayslake Gamers Message Board › Moving to Round Lake

Moving to Round Lake

Steven
Nikolasthe17th
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 1
I'm moving to Round Lake, I'll be living here permanently starting in September. I haven't had an actual game since I moved to Chicago in April '09, but before that I've been a long time regular player. Would anyone like to meet so that I can at the very least make gamer friends around the area? XBL and PSN are fine ways to meet too, I just would like to meet people so I'm not a terrible burden socially on my girlfriend lol.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 259
Welcome to the group and to the area. What types of games do you like to play? It also sounds like you play video games. Do you do any MMOs?
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes, welcome to the area. I am also in Round Lake and I have not played any games in years. I was an avid D&D player in my younger years, played some Star Fleet Battles a little later, then started playing Warhammer 40K in college. I have dabbled in some other games over the years too.

Nowadays I get my gaming fix from computer games and PS2 games, but those are not the social outlet I still crave.
Steven
Nikolasthe17th
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 4
I play WoW that's kinda it for MMO's for me. I have a 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, Gamecube, 64, DS's, PSP, PC, so I'm a full on gamer. As far as table top I play D&D and White Wolf, those are my favorites. I've played Little Fears and Marvel Universe, and a bunch of other games. If I could be introduced to someone that likes to run White Wolf games I'd be in a dream.

Right now I'm planning a long running game. Level 1-30 at least. I made a villain for a one time adventure for my friends the last night before I moved away from Kentucky. I want to do an adventure around the build up to that villain, without making it feel forced or wedged in.
A former member
Post #: 3
Good luck finding a white wolf game, I've been asking around to every game store I run across. They all claim they can't find a GM.
Steven
Nikolasthe17th
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 5
I have all the books pretty much, core books at least, but I'm not wholly sure my White Wold GMing style would be appreciated. I kinda just wing it with a general idea.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 260
When you say White Wolf, which storyline are you talking about? I was just at GenCon and played Hunter the Reckoning which has inspired me to possibly run a game at GenCon next year. I'm not a big fan of their other story arcs but have all (I think) of the materials written for Hunter the Reckoning. This would be the older version and not the newer Hunter the Vigil in case you might not know the reference.

I would be willing to run a game or campaign based on the Hunter storyline but not interested in running any of the others except maybe Exalted which is kind of out of the other storylines though.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 261
Sounds like we have some very eclectic gamers here. That is good to see.
Steven
Nikolasthe17th
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 6
I only have the older games. I like the ideas of Hunter, but only played the video games, I'd more than love to try and play the table top. I do like Mummy, and Corax(a werewolf breed, crows). I've got a Resident Evil style thing going around Orpheus, and could always get into Exalted, I have all those books except the dragon blooded.
A former member
Post #: 4
I always liked masquerade, but then again, I'm a chick.