Grayslake Gamers Message Board › What other game systems are we interested in playing

What other game systems are we interested in playing

Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 274
Welcome Tim. I am open to trying out anything at least once. I am getting back into Deadlands with an old gaming group and am GMing it. This would be the new Savage Worlds version. It is easy to get into and character generation (if you aren't looking to min/max) is fairly easy and straight forward.

I have been running and DMing Shadowrun for some time now. If interested, I can see if the group I play that with is open to adding another person. We are kind of full up at the moment but I'll see if they are open to adding one more.

There are a couple of us here who are getting into Mutants & Masterminds. Most of them have never played any version of it. So you wouldn't be out of place for not having any experience.
Tim C.
Bizrate
Zion, IL
Post #: 9
Full is full, no sweat. I am always up for some form of game, just drop me a message let me know when and where. I'll definitly see what can be done!!
Jeff
user 52028212
Algonquin, IL
Post #: 7
Hi folks,

I've recently purchased the Dungeon Crawl Classics and the new Hackmaster RPGs (both from UGG - support your local game shop!).

Out of the two, I am more excited about the Hackmaster system, but am willing to try to run an introductory adventure along with character creation in either system if enough are interested. UGG is a bit of a drive for me (from Algonquin), but let me know if anyone is interested!

-Jeff
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 284
Welcome to the group Jeff!

Quite a few of us live near UGG and get together to do several different RPGs and boardgames. Algonquin is a bit far for me to join in a regularly scheduled game. I am up for an occassional trot around town though for one shots or flexible attendance type games.

I've given the Dungeon Crawl Classics a couple runs. Harsh environment. Expect your characters to die frequently.
A former member
Post #: 8
Sounds like I might like Dungeon Crawl Classics. Let me know when you will be playing and hopefully I can attend.
Geoffrey
user 46687612
Chicago, IL
Post #: 14
I love Deadlands and own most of the original and SW books. Any chance to revisit the Weird, Weird West would be welcome.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 291
I love Deadlands and own most of the original and SW books. Any chance to revisit the Weird, Weird West would be welcome.
You live in Chicago right? Would you be willing to come up north for a game?
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm down for some Palladium/Rifts if anyone else is. That's pretty much all my gaming experience right there.
Geoffrey
user 46687612
Chicago, IL
Post #: 15
I would happily head north from some Deadlands. I am booked on Fridays, and most Sundays during football season.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 293
I would happily head north from some Deadlands. I am booked on Fridays, and most Sundays during football season.

Yeah, I had to put a Mutants and Masterminds game on hold as participants were booked for football games. Sadly, Sundays are usually the only open days that I have to run games. I can do an occasional Friday night, but Saturdays are usually out though possible. I never schedule weekday games because my schedule is too erratic.

Anyway, I run a Deadlands game for friends in Evanston. I may open it up at some time to others but to respect their space, I am not inviting anyone to that one at this time. I'll consider running another one after football season.