Grayslake Gamers Message Board › Mutants & Masterminds

Mutants & Masterminds

Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 269
Ok. We had our first game this past Sunday and it seemed to go over well. So, we will continue with the storyline. I would like to post a couple notes for consideration and discussion.

1) I think the group size is just about right. I'm thinking of allowing for up to 6 players with an interest to get a consistent group going together and only allowing fillers when an opening is available. I'll limit the game sizes to 6 players but see how people's attendance figures into the latter note regarding priority seating.

2) I've started importing characters into Herolabs and most of them were very close to being costed out correctly. Not bad given most everyone was new to the game system. I'll be sending out the character sheets with proper point calculations in a couple days. If you have any interest in tweaking or changing anything, let me know. I'll provide suggestions if asked but won't otherwise try to influence character generation unless I see something that may negatively impact gameplay.

3) I will allow people to make tweaks or minor adjustments to their characters over time. I figure you may not have gotten the character built exactly the way you think he or she should play. So, don't be concerned if your character isn't quite what you wanted. However if the character needs a major over-haul, I would prefer to have you start up a new character to maintain continuity. I may use your old character in cameo appearances.

4) Let me know if there is anything about the game mechanics or gameplay that you want more information on, or have a question or concern with. Feedback on my GMing is also appreciated.

5) Feel free to get into character during play. You may get an extra hero point because of it. This might be talking like your character or describing their action more fully. It will take a bit to actually get a hero point and doing the same things over and over again doesn't really count. If you make the story more enjoyable for everyone, you can possibly get a hero point as well.