Great Lakes Atheists Message Board › Tabletop Roleplaying Games?

Tabletop Roleplaying Games?

Charles
godlessrose
Medway, OH
Post #: 1
At the last meetup, we were talking about possible activities for future gatherings. I have a few interests that could be the basis of activities, but unfortunately they appeal to a fairly small demographic. I figured I’d post about them, and see what feedback I get.

One of my interests is tabletop roleplaying games. These are games of interactive storytelling. One participant is the “game master”, the primary storyteller. The other participants are “players”, who each control a character in the story. Each player has a “character sheet” detailing the personality and abilities of his/her character. Where it is unclear whether a character would succeed in a task, dice are rolled.

I would enjoy being the game master for a horror scenario, sometime in October. No prior knowledge of RPGs would be needed. I would supply an assortment of pre-written character sheets, and the players would each pick one. I would explain the rules of the game during play.

For those who already know a bit about RPGs, I would be using the GURPS system. This is an RPG which I find is fairly easy for beginners to pick up, since the rules are largely grounded in reality. Imagination and problem-solving would be more important than knowledge of the rules.

So, is there any interest in this?