Jan 30, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Indoor rock-climbing is a great way to get some fun exercise in the doldrums of winter !
What you need to know:
- You don't need previous climbing skills, and there is no pressure to do more than you want to. Of course, you'll feel really good if you push yourself, but that's up to you!
- You will always be attached by rope to someone who is trained not to let you fall, and will lower you slowly to the floor when you need them to.
- The Climbing Center will supply your equipment (shoes, harness, and clip) for a fee. You can bring your own equipment if you have it, and then you would only pay for wall time.
- Here's the Climbing Center's website so you can look at pricing, complete the liability waiver form, etc.: http://www.riversportsoutfitters.com/climbing-center/
- They do belay classes (teaching you how to keep a climber safe with the ropes) for $5.00 per person on the day of the event, but it might be easier to come in a day or 2 before if you need belay certification. That $5.00 gives you certification for a year no matter how many times you climb.
- Park in back, in the Climbing Center Parking lot. River Sports closes before we are done, so if you park in front in the River Sports lot, you will have to walk around the building in the dark after the climb.
I hope lots of people can make it!