Daniel
6andst1s
Jamaica Plain, MA
Post #: 35
Some members have mentioned before that between semesters, a lot of durable goods get tossed by students moving out. Any one have any idea what the window for looking for that stuff is, now that autumn is approaching?
Kristi A
user 20376721
Derry, NH
Post #: 1
I teach at a college (and went to college for 10 years), so I can probably answer this one.

I would think that most stuff would have been tossed before Summer, at the end of the Spring semester, mid-May. This is when most students move out, and would be the best time of year for looking around college areas. Students who would be moving out now, at the end of summer would most likely be doing so next week or the following week, before the new students move in late-August/beginning of September. Then you'll have the end of Fall semester in December. Most students will stay through the academic year, but some will finish and move out then, and that will be around the second week of December.

Of course the dates are slightly different for different schools but these are generally the time-frames at most colleges (except for Northeastern which has weird semesters).
Daniel
6andst1s
Jamaica Plain, MA
Post #: 36
Thanks, Kristi