Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › OK People - you know I hate to talk money but...

OK People - you know I hate to talk money but...

A former member
Post #: 83
After paying the majority of the $144/year Meetup fee for the last two years out of my own pocket, I wasn't going to re-new when our dues were due for the next year as we looked at other options. Today the group would have officially become leader-less.

After discussion this evening, we've decided that we will collect $1/per meetup from each attendee until the $72 is collected for the next 6 months. Several people made payments tonight (Make sure you thank them for helping me to decide to keep this going! lol). I'll keep this updated until we reach the $72 target for this 1/2 year.

Dave (gave me $20 last week, so I'll count $10 for the next 6 months) + $5
Barry $10 + $1 +$1 + $1 +$1
Gary $5
Sarah $5
Bobbie $1 + $1
Asa $10.
Midge $4
Mike $5
Camel Mike $10
The Universe $1 (I found it in the parking lot)
Peggy $1

That's $41 $50 $57 $58 SEVENTY TWO!!!! so far, $31 $22 $15 $14 NONE!!! to go.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. We're done until May or June. Happy Gaming! smile

Peggy

First Edited 12/28/2010
Second Edit 01/04/2011
Edited 01/11/2011
Last Edit 1/15/2011
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
This site is how I found out about the group. Many of you did the same thing.

If you're registered here, use the site to RSVP, keep up on what the group is doing and recoginze that this site isn't just a tool for you to use but advertisement to draw in new members to keep the group growing, help the group out.

C'mon people! Chip in! $5. It's a frozen pizza. It's less than two gallons of gas. It's less than soup and a drink at Panera! It's nothing!

A former member
Post #: 91

I just wanted to say Thank You to Lana who recently gave me money to pay for a month of Meetup ($12).

When I told her that we were already paid up until the next renewal date in the Spring she told me to apply it to the previous dues that I've paid. smile

Thank you also to those who talked me into keeping the group going, you've made things much easier for me.