Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Where's he been?

Where's he been?

A former member
Post #: 47
::thumbsup::
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 20
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts!
A former member
Post #: 102

Barry - we were expecting you Saturday. Everything OK?
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 21
Yes and no.

I'm OK. I was just too wiped out from our trip to Gettysburg and was just too tired to attend Saturday. Sorry about that. That's a big battlefield and we must've walked a million miles. Did me good though actually. Didn't affect my arthritis/gout at all so that's a good sign that that's under control.

Now for the bad news. I've got a girlfriend again. Yes ladies. I'm off the market. This of course, will significantly impact my gaming and I'll be scarce until I do or say something stupid and we break up again. Being me, that shouldn't take too long. We've had an on/off relationship for a couple years and we're going to try it again. I'm going to try and talk her into coming to a meetup but I don't think she'll bite but then again, ya never know. I did play "Clue" with her family once, so there is hope.

Thanks again for thinking of me. I'll be around just not as regular as I have been.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,045
OMG - I started this new job on APril 4th and I didn't realize just how much time I've been spending here. I have no pc at home right now and so I haven't been on meetup since I started the new job. I didn't know you were sick. Hope things are going well buy now. I think I should be getting to an even keel soon and should be coming back soon - I'm hoping. I hate withdrawel!!!!
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 23
Thanks Bobbie. I'm doing fine. We all hope to see you at the table again soon!

And in further news...

No more girlfriend. Told you it wouldn't take long. I'm a pro at this. Let's see, five weeks, six maybe is all it took? Since I lost my car (it wouldn't pass inspection) I could feel the wind change direction. Got the email this morning. Wow! I guess I'm just supposed to snap my fingers and everything turns into a great life!

Oh well. You can't live with'em, you can't live withou.......pass the dice!