addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Carol Of The Bells; RCT 3 synchronized firework display

Carol Of The Bells; RCT 3 synchronized firework display

A former member
Post #: 14

http://www.youtube.co...­

Another great feature implemented in the third series of Roller Coaster Tycoon was the ability to create special Firework shows.

An old site I was part of, twistedrct, had holiday competitions. As I was still very new to this version of the game, and because of time limitations, I decided to stick with something I knew - music.

Another inspiration for this particular piece was a video circulating the web of an elaborate synchronized holiday lighting display someone had set up which also featured the music broadcast to your car's radio to avoid complaints by the neighbors. If I can dig up that link again, I'll post it here.

If by chance there are other RCT 3 players out there who might be interested in this file for their game, I'll attach it if asked.
A former member
Post #: 15
I notice on the page at YouTube, there are other Christmas and Holiday light shows, but the one I referred to can be found via a post I made three years ago (to the day!) here: Wizards of Winter, Synchronized Christmas Light Display
A former member
Post #: 4
I never could get into RCT3. I like the first two better. I like how it was pretty much created by just Chris Sawyer, out of his own home - a nearly impossible feat by today's ideas. RCT3 seemed to just be a corporate cash-in.
A former member
Post #: 16
Which (if memory serves...) nearly bankrupted I believe Atari.

The RCT community in general was robust, and many different people created mods, etc which Atari/Infogrammes turned their backs on. Perhaps if done again differently, some embracing of this community would have kept RCT alive.