align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Big Meet suggestion

Big Meet suggestion

Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 473
So, in the BBM group I have put forth the idea of 2 "larger" local meets per year. Right now, I'm suggesting the first Saturday's in May and November. The idea would be to have an all day meet somewhat like BACSIM, and to encourage members from all the local area groups to attend. We'd be looking to see everything from 2 player wargames to light card games and everything in between. The main thought would be to have as many gamers as possible at one place to introduce people to all kinds of gaming, and just generally have a good time. Right now, we'd be looking at the Madonna room at D'Youville as the locale, although I think we're open to suggestions. The Madonna room is best that I know of for space and tables.

I'd move BACSIM to this spot for those months.

Tossing this out here to see what you think and to cull suggestions.

Let me know what you think.

Grant
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 912
First, have you run it by April and checked to see if we can put it on the calendar at D'youville for May and November? I'm just thinking about end of term things might already be planned for that space and it might not be available. You might want tot book it first check us second. It can always be cancelled quickly if there is no interest (yea, like that will happen - I'm the only who works on Saturday, sniff, sniff)
A former member
Post #: 24
I'm there. Count me in!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

When you have finalized details, please let us know and I'll add it to the calendar!

smile
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 476
I'm sure that November would not be a problem. We could move the May one into late April (or June) if it runs into issues.