addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Free backgammon lessons available

Free backgammon lessons available

A former member
Post #: 32
I have received two emails from a man offering backgammon lessons. They came to me via meetup to my meetup email address. I thought I would post them in case someone was interested.

Other than checking out his meetup profile, I know absolutely nothing about this man so I can not vouch for him (http://www.meetup.com...­. I assume he is legitimate, but please use caution in revealing personal information to him. If anyone tries this or knows anything about this, please feel free to share your experiences.

What Phil Simborg wrote (Received 03/29/2009):
--------------------------------------­--------------------------
I give backgammon lessons on line. I also give lectures at major tournaments around the U.S. I would be happy to do a free 1-hour on-line seminar to your members if you would like.

Basically it would be a webex where your members can log in and see my board and I would give a seminar on basic checker play, or the doubling cube, or one aspect of the game. Your members would also be able to call in to a conference call line so they can hear me and ask questions.

I do this for no charge to help improve people's games, and of course, I end up getting some private students as a result.

Let me know if this is something you would like to do for your club. You can reach me at psimborg@sbcglobal.net.

I know your members will learn a lot about the game and enjoy it.

Thanks, Phil
---------------------------

What Phil Simborg wrote (received 04/13/2009):
--------------------------------------­--------------------------
Please let your members know that I am giving a repeat of my free, on line seminar on the doubling cube Wednesday night, April 15th, 7:30 PM Central. The first half will cover the basics of the use of the cube, and the second half will get into more advanced strategies. I have given this seminar, on line, to over 100 people and it has been most well-received.

If they would like to participate, they can send me an email requesting the link to the seminar. at psimborg@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks, Phil