Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › UB Con 2009 stuff...

UB Con 2009 stuff...

A former member
Post #: 76
I know there are strategy game fans in this group so I'm guessing some of you will be at the UB Con this weekend the 17th to the 19th. I can't make it this year. My best friend normally tries to make it and sells his comic book Deep Fried. I remember having fun at the UB Con and the Rochester gaming cons like the one a few years ago by the Running GAGG folks and even Astronomicon was always fun too. Late night gaming, or even all night gaming in the rooms was great.

But anyway... I heard that John Leahy, from Buffalo Games, and some other Buffalo Games types, will be at the UB Con so if you run into them or have questions about Ruin or anything else game related or try to get juicy tidbits of gossip from them :) feel free. They'll also have some game specials going on too... so add points to your haggling skills and role a natural 20 LOL (please forgive my lame attempt at roleplaying humor). Let John, or whoever you see there from Buffalo Games know that Tim, the blog guy, sent you... this way he can blame me :) But seriously, we don't want them getting bored.... right?

They'll also have sporadic game demos, so if you, or your friends have not tried Ruin yet, the light strategy game, this is the chance. It takes like 45 minutes to play, and is, to me, like Sorry with movable tile pieces and strategy. Some people play it ruthlessly.

If you have the chance, let me know how the UB Con is this year, I heard mixed reviews of past years but hopefully it is even better this year.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 966
okay, that was painful - where is my "PUN POLICE" button when I need it!
A former member
Post #: 77
Noooo... not the pun police button. I've heard the stories... seen the aftermath. *hiding*