addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Buy A Month of Meetup

Buy A Month of Meetup

bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,011
Hi Group,

As some of may not be aware, Meetup charges for the use of their site. The cost is $144 for a year.

Up to this point, we have not approached the subject of donations for the use of the site, but our 1 year anniversary is on the horizon and the subject does need to be discussed. We are not going to ask for any specific amount from anyone, nor are there ANY implied amounts expected. If you can donate, please do so. If you can’t, we understand. Your conscience is your guide. Only you know what you are comfortable with.

As a donation is received, it will be listed here with the givers name and amount. This is so everyone knows where every penny goes. If you do not want you name listed, please say so and your donation will be listed as anonymous.

Please also note, the $144 is for 3 Meetup groups. We are currently not using 2 of those groups. We are willing to rent out the other two for 1/3 of the yearly cost if someone is interested. Please contact Peggy for details.

A former member
Post #: 40
I've been getting amounts of money from certain members that really doesn't correlate to a specific month so I thought I would just post totals.

So far I have spent $108.00 in Meetup costs. The first 6 months were half price. Another $72 payment for 6 months is due in mid-November.

I have received donations from Bobbie, Sue and Anonymous totaling $72.00.

I guess that means we're paid through September, 2009.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

ETA: updated 09/01/09
A former member
Post #: 89
This month my game budget is going to snacks and such for my game night, but I should have a little extra to help the group out in October. Feel free to kindly remind me via email if I forget.
A former member
Post #: 74

Update for 2010.

Sue Battaglia and Bobbie Meister have contributed funds to bring us through June 30.
A former member
Post #: 79
Donations received tonight to help me offset Meetup costs from Barry, Heddie and Gary!

Thanks so much! smile