Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › What are the games that are typically played on Tuesdays?

What are the games that are typically played on Tuesdays?

Michael
user 11606040
Niagara Falls, NY
Post #: 2
Hi, I'm new to this group and would be interested in coming on Tuesday's.

Saturday's I have my own board gaming group at my home or my friends usually.

I'm curious though, what games tend to be played on Tuesday nights?

I'm a euro gamer and Ameritrash (Fantasy Flight Games) fan.

Lately I've been diving into heavier games, such as FFG's living card games, such as Call of Cthulhu (which I don't get to play enough), A Game of Thrones LCG; Battles of Westeros, a battle lore game.

Euro - dominion, race for the galaxy, Agricola, recently picked up Caylus - love it.

So just wondering what types of games are played on Tuesdays and the number of people that generally attend that night.

A former member
Post #: 10
Tuesday nights at Panara bread on Sheridan in Kenmore is where the action is.

Euros mostly, Carcassone (yeah spell that with out looking), Ticket to ride, ect.

Usually there are 6+ starting at around 6pm.

Dave

A former member
Post #: 76

I'd say we average 7 - 12 on Tuesdays, a few members come in late as they get out of work.

The game selection varies depending on the attendees. You'll sometimes see cards, or chess/backgammon, but mostly you'll see eurogames, but no "party-type" games.

I tend to prefer the "gateway" euros, this week I played Carcassonne with the Tower expansion. I love Carcassonne but this was my first experience with that expansion (I already bought a copy for myself!). I also got in a game of Ticket to Ride, a game which seems to hit the table just about every week.

There are also more hard core euro players that attend. I am trying to recall what they played this week, I know I saw Lost Cities before more showed up to play. In the past, I've seen Agricola, Power Grid, Thurn and Taxis, Acquire, Uptown, etc.

There are other groups in town that play the "harder-core" euro games, those that need more room or more time that Panera's on a weeknight can give us. A good percentage of people in our group are members of more than one group.

Anyway - Welcome, I look forward to meeting you.

Michael
user 11606040
Niagara Falls, NY
Post #: 4
Euro's are good.

Carcassonne was one of my first Euro games I played. I have some expansions but I don't play it very often anymore with so many other great games out there.

If I were to attend should I bring some games? I'm sure everyone does. Not sure if you have your core group that tends to always bring enough games... I have gateway euros such as TTR Europe and the 1912 expansion. Small World. Alhambra, and some others.

When people RSVP, do they indicate what games they are bringing so like everyone isn't bringing the same game?

Thanks!
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
I've kept a list of the games I've played with the group.

In the month I've been with the group I've played:

Scotland Yard, Medici, Cockroach Poker, Citadels, Age of the Triumverate, Archeology, Coloretto, Macao, Traders of Carthage, Privateer, Bohnanza, Cheeky Monkey, Straw, Tinner's Trail, Ticket to Ride and Lost Cities.

Games I've seen (and can remember) at the other end of the table but haven't played yet: Carcassone, Agricola, Canasta, Alhambra (the dice game)
A former member
Post #: 77

Barry - thanks for your response. I'm glad that your memory is better than mine! smile

Michael - you can certainly bring games if you'd like. I'm sure there will be plenty there also. There are some of us (I won't name names Bobbie) who use their car as a games storage facility. You may see us walk in with 3 but there might be 100 more in the parking lot! lol
seafsee
seafsee
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 43
I had been thinking for some time (yeah THAT again), that a listing of what's been played every meeting might be a good thing.

Games could be listed here on the board and if you want to take it a step further, an online app like Google docs could also be used.

Just my two cents worth!
CFC
A former member
Post #: 89
I had been thinking for some time (yeah THAT again), that a listing of what's been played every meeting might be a good thing.

Games could be listed here on the board and if you want to take it a step further, an online app like Google docs could also be used.

Just my two cents worth!
CFC

As Organizer, Meetup suggests that I use Google Analytics to keep track of Group Statistics. I signed up but really haven't had time to figure out how it can be used. If anyone has knowledge or this program or suggestions about it, please let me know? Maybe it could be used for this purpose?

Peggy

Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 9
Adding to the list of games I've played since the Sept 17 post above...

Betrayal at House on the Hill, Unusual Suspects, Uptown, Qwirkle, Blokus, Rumis, Galaxy Trucker, Dominion, Guillotine, Zombie Dice, Tobago, Order of the Stick, Hansa, Fairy Tale, Power Grid, Roll Through the Ages, TransAmerica, Settlers of Catan (dice game), Ninja vs. Ninja, Trailer Wars, China, Settlers of Catan, Manhattan, Cloud 9, Stone Age, Carcassonne, Road Kill Rally, Bananagrams, Merchants & Marauders, Yspahan, 7 Wonders, Long Shot, Small World, Hey! That's My Fish!, Puerto Rico, CardCassonne, Dixit, Vegas Showdown and Red November.

Keep in mind these are just the games I myself have played. A few were played at BACSIM too.

Hansa Teutonica is one that I can remember seeing on the other end of the table but I haven't played.
Michael
user 11606040
Niagara Falls, NY
Post #: 12
Ya, I brought Hansa a few weeks ago.