addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › November 6th - BACSIM - BIG 5th anniversary party!

November 6th - BACSIM - BIG 5th anniversary party!

Grant L.
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 794
Hi all,

Just an update to let you know that October's BACSIM will be *this* Saturday. I'm out of town the next two weekends, so I had to move it up.

November's BACSIM will be the first Saturday of November (the 6th) at the Madonna lounge in D'Youville. It's the *big* 5th anniversary party!! Be there!

I'm hoping to get Dominant Species onto the table on Saturday. I reviewed the rules. It looks pretty good.
A former member
Post #: 80

Just a reminder to everyone -

Saturday November 6th is BACSIM's **BIG** 5th Anniversary party. This meetup starts at Noon and will be held at Madonna lounge at D'Youville college (320 Porter Avenue, Buffalo).

I've been to gaming meetups at D'Youville and it's a wonderful place to game. BACSIM is a nice place to spread out and start some of those longer games that the weeknight meetup just can't handle. Check it out

A former member
Post #: 1
thnks for posting! One question: what does BACSIM stand for?
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
Shamefull copy and paste from their board.

"BACSIM is Grant's gaming group. It meets on the 1st Saturday of the month (usually). While I believe the original intent of the group may have been wargaming ( BACSIM stands for Buffalo Area Conflict SIMulation), many different types of games get played (even there rare miniatures game). So you'll see Euros played next to wargames (usually of the card-driven variety). Attendance varies from anywhere from 8 people to over 20. There is no signup procedure - you just sort of show up and grab a seat in a game. Things generally get going between noon and one and run until late."

I think this group has a long history at UB. If this is the same group or an incarnation of the group my wargaming buddy belonged to back in the 60's when he went to UB. I'm sure it started out as "wargames only" but like me, it looks like they've branched out into the popular adult euro style boardgame genre also.
Grant L.
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 802
BACSIM is just the name of the gaming group I've been running the first Saturday of the month at UB. We encourage any and all to come out and get whatever board and/or mini's gaming you are interested in onto the table. We've now passed 5 years of BACSIM and this will be the big annual anniversary party. The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group began meeting earlier (and independently) that same year, so we fold it into one big anniversary meet!