Do you love wood-fired pizzas? Do you want to share pizza and home-made breads with your friends and family using an earthen oven you built yourself for very little money?
Join Ben Waldman of Urban Mud, Alisha Black-Mallon of Natural Genius, and Woodbine Ecology Center for a two day, intensive, hands-on introduction to Cob Ovens and the world of natural building.
What is Cob?
Cob is a mixed composite of sand, straw and clay. This highly sustainable building material can be used for wall systems, floors, benches, ovens, and in many more ways. Cob is a traditional building technique that is still used by many people in the world today.
What will I learn?
• The basic principles and ideas of the modern natural building movement.
• Identification of soils and materials for cob.
• How to properly mix, apply, and trim cob.
• The basic components of a structure.
• Basic principles of a wood-fired oven.
• Construction process of a wood-fired cob oven.
• Camping, Delicious Food, Great People And much more!
Early-bird Registration is now $200. Register Now!
Cost is $225. Register by May 30 and receive an early-bird discount of $25 (Total $200). Can’t afford it? We have work-trade positions available, ask for details.
Register Online at: http://www.urbanmud.org/workshop/oven2014