CALL FOR ENTRIES
2014 Urban Homestead Tour
*Please apply by Fri, June 20
Denver Botanic Gardens would love for you to be a part of our fifth annual Urban Homestead Tour.
When: Saturday, August 23, 2014 from 10 am – 3 pm.
What we are looking for: Local urban homesteaders who exhibit a commitment to self-sufficiency, sustainability, and do-it-yourself creative methods. Folks who are experts or experimenters in a variety of skills: home gardening, food preservation, natural building, home-brewing, cheese-making, chicken keeping, utilizing alternative energy sources, and more!
Where: Denver Metro area
What it involves:
• Commitment to receive visitors and answer their questions from 10am to 3pm.
• Ability to receive up to 200 tour participants throughout the day (not at once, small groups filter in throughout the day).
• Excitement about the urban homesteading movement and eagerness to share your knowledge and passion with others.
• Availability to meet with Denver Botanic Gardens staff to see your homestead and timely response to communications.
• An understanding that you will be representing Denver Botanic Gardens during the length of the event.
How to apply: Email [masked] or call[masked] to receive an application.
Submission of an application does not guarantee participation. This is a rolling admission process so early submissions may improve the likelihood of selection.