Join us at Mountain Flower Goat Dairy for an on-farm demonstration style workshop exploring the fundamentals of fermentation and fresh goat cheese using raw milk fresh from the source. This workshop is offered in two parts:
• Part I: In the first session we will discuss the foundations of fermentation, start batches of yogurt, kefir, and chèvre, and, of course, meet the goats!
• Part II: In the second session, we will begin in the barn with a milking demonstration, taste our products from day one, and learn how to master ricotta. You will leave with kefir grains and yogurt to start your own batches at home, a more thorough understanding of fermentation, and a deeper appreciation for the animals that make it all possible!
• Part I: Thursday, August 14th, 6:30pm-8:30pm
• Part II: Sunday, August 17th, 10:30am-12:30pm
Instructor: Chef Michael Montgomery
Cost: $85 (herd-share member rate). $100 (non-member rate). What’s included:
• Recipe packets
• Light snack with wine
• Goat- milking demonstration
• Food safety overview
• A tour of our milking facilities
• Kefir grains and yogurt to start your own batches at home
About the instructor: A graduate of DePaul University followed by Kendall Culinary School in Chicago, Michael’s passion is sharing his knowledge of food with others. For the past several years, he’s been a Chef Instructor at the Escoffier School of Culinary Arts in Boulder, with a focus on farm-to-table education. After working as an apprentice at Mountain Flower Dairy, and learning how to organically grow food at Growing Gardens in Boulder, Michael most recently has joined the team at Mountain Flower as a Director where he will combine his love of goats, urban agriculture, and teaching the community about local, sustainable, food.
Payment: Please pay prior to the workshop to reserve your spot! Contact [masked] for details! We are limiting this class to 10 students, so sign up early.
Cancellation Policy: Workshop registrations are non-refundable. If student cannot attend, they may transfer registration to another workshop of equal or lesser value 7 days or more prior the start of the workshop. Under 7 days, you may resell or give the workshop to a friend (please let us know who will be attending in your place). Missed workshops may not be made up.