Denver, CO
Post #: 72
I'm so sad. I went out to check on my bees today and they are all dead. I feel like a murder.
I guess I need to know what to do to clean my hive out and make it ready for a new swarm, can anyone give me some tips? Also, is there a list I can get on to get a new swarm in the spring? Any ideas how I can avoid this in the future?
Catherine A.
user 7217766
Arvada, CO
Post #: 29
What a bummer!! :(
This is where we got/get our bee supplies. I'm sure the lady who owns it can consult with you on clean out and restocking. She made her place available last year for bee package pickup from local keepers and breeders of fresh colonies ready for a new home.
I hope you get back up and running again.
Seth C
user 9716219
Littleton, CO
Post #: 16
I lost all of mine as well.. some to mice, some starved.. it was a ruff fall with little flow.. they didn't pack on the needed weight and i was out of town and not there to check on them/feed.
to bee or not to be does have a swarm list.
I have hurd the highland bee club has one too, i will have to look in to it, I have a lot of wood ware to fill
it is a big downer, but rember 1 in 8 swarms make there first year in the "wild"