Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Anyone want some landscaping rock? How about free food and pizza?

Anyone want some landscaping rock? How about free food and pizza?

Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 73
My family and I are going to be digging up a bunch of landscaping rock this Sunday, the 17th, to give away. If you would like to have some of that landscaping rock, please come help us dig it up. In return for your help digging up this rock, not only will I let you take all the rock you want, but I'll be providing food and drinks for the day. We're looking at beer, pizza, ice cream and various baked goods (I've got a lot of recipes I want to try out, including a recipe for home made samoas!), but I'll take requests if you have them.
The rock is grey granite, about an inch and a half, and there's yards of it. I don't know how much anyone here needs for projects, but I'm sure there's plenty for anyone who wants it.
I'm trying to make this a fun rock digging event as well as useful for anyone who comes. I've invited all my personal friends, as well as many of my neighbors. Hopefully this will be like a real life party. So if you're not interested in any rock, but you are the type of person who will do anything for a party, free meal, free beer, or the opportunity to meet, flirt with, or just admire members of the opposite sex (many of whom are single and may be scantily clad, we will, after all, be hot and sweaty from all the digging, and may find we are more comfortable in bikini tops or shirtless [men only, please]), you are welcome to come join us too. We will probably be digging all day Sunday, if you're interested in coming because you want rock or because you want in on the digging party, please let me know and I will send you my address.
Many hands make light work, so hopefully we can all have fun and get this done pretty quickly, then we can just chill and enjoy the party. I'm getting rid of the rock because I'm wanting to plant a flower border in my yard, where I am getting married in August. I sure would appreciate the help getting rid of it, that's why I'm trying to make it into a party and giving the rock away.
Thanks either way!!