Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Anyone want free telephone poles?

Anyone want free telephone poles?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello Folks,

A couple years ago my brother worked for a company pulling out telephone poles that ran along the railroads going through the mountains. He left quite a few on my property. They are varying lengths from 4-5 feet to, dunno, 15-20? There are also the cross timbers with the old glass insulators on them.

Pickup would be in the Erie area.

Maggie R
user 10683417
Denver, CO
Post #: 15
You are pretty far for me - but if you don't get any takes let me know before they go to the landfill. I do have a vehicle that could haul them - but I've been sick and couldn't do it alone. Thanks.
Marsha
LaMer1
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I think I'd have a use for them to help landscape property we have in Fairplay. But don't have a vehicle! Could I go with you Maggie, & pick some up? How heavy are your longest ones? Can 2 women pick them up, or does it require a guy too?
A former member
Post #: 3
As you might imagine - the longer the pole the more it weighs. Some of the shorter pieces I have moved myself to get them mostly in one area.

If you can get extra hands its good. We women don't tend the have the upper body strength that guys do. Picking up poles to get them on a trailer or truck bed (which is even higher) is gonna depend on strength.