addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Split quarter of grass-fed cow?

Split quarter of grass-fed cow?

Sarah C.
user 13441879
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hello all,

My husband and I are hoping to buy a share of a local, grass-fed cow, but we can't afford (or eat) an entire quarter (about 80 lbs) so we were thinking of splitting a quarter with someone. No one we know is interested, so I was wondering if anyone in this group might be interested.

I contacted this ranch: http://www.bbarsranch...­ and they still have quarters (at pretty affordable prices). There is also a long list of additional ranches at Eat Wild - Colorado (http://www.eatwild.co...­, though a lot of them seem to be sold out at this point.

If you're interested, please respond or send me an email!

Also, I hope this is an appropriate topic for the discussion boards - I know it's not about urban homesteading exactly, but it looks like many of us here are interested in eating locally, so it seemed sort of related...

Thanks!

-Sarah
Margaret
user 4119292
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Sarah,

I'd like to speak with you about this. I'm going to email you directly.