addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Meat Processors/Butchers

Meat Processors/Butchers

carolyn m
user 3166169
Bailey, CO
Post #: 4
I've just moved to the area and was wondering what meat processors/butchers are in the area?

I have sheep and am thinking of getting a cow but would like to find out where I can take them to get butchered?

And I also feed raw meat to my dogs and would like to find a good source of raw meat.

I live in Bailey so the SW side of Denver would be preferable.

Thanks!

Carolyn

A former member
Post #: 2
Carolyn,
Ranch Foods Direct sells raw pet food at the Denver Urban Homesteading Farmers Market. It is at 200 Santa Fe. They are there on Friday and Saturday. They have Beef, turkey, chicken, and buffalo. Call 719.332.9515 for more details.
Not sure about the butchering.
Bill
A former member
Post #: 12
Hi Carolyn,
I've had a cow processed at the Elizabeth Locker Plant in Elizabeth, CO. They did a great job and were reasonably priced. I'm going to have them process the pig we're raising now.

Sonja
carolyn m
user 3166169
Bailey, CO
Post #: 5
Thanks I'll give them a call.
A former member
Post #: 8
The CSA that I belong to uses Valley Packing in LaSalle. Great service and product.
A former member
Post #: 46
I too am looking for a good meat processors. We just started raising some feeder pigs. I have heard good things about a processor in Wiggins Co and one in Silma Colorado. I plan on checking them out and buying some of their food to taste. In Bailey you should have a few around since there are so many Elk and Deer hunters in the area.
A former member
Post #: 13
We're taking our feeder pig to Elizabeth today. They've done a good job in the past. I've also heard goods hings about the Hudson Locker in Hudson, CO. We're up in Conifer and Elizabeth and Hudson are about the same distance.
A former member
Post #: 47
thanks, When you get your pigs butchered do you have special request for the butcher. Someone told me if I don't ask for bacon I just get it uncured. So is cured smoked or is curing a separate process, just wondering.