addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hello, I've been searching around trying to find places where I can order chicks to start my back yard flock and am finding that I have to place minimum orders that exceed the Denver bird limit! I would like to have my chicks arrive in mid February 2013 to get some eggs out of them this coming season and was wondering if anyone would be interested in going in on an order with me? Thanks!
user 10357377
Denver, CO
Post #: 21
Jennifer, I'm not sure if ordering them is just a choice you've made but Northern Colorado Feeder's supply in Fort Collins has chicks year round, and it's a great place in old town. My backyard chicken has a minimum order of three as well. If you don't get any takers, let me know, as I may be ready to order my meat birds from welp hatchery.
A former member
Post #: 25
I would need to learn more about requirements for back yard chickens?
Lisa C
North Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 17
There are several local people that sell chicks. We get ours from Eric Fullenweider in Hudson. He has many types and is very reasonably priced (spring 3 day old chicks were around $3.50 I think). He has also been very willing to provide advice and guidance when needed. I like that he doesn't grind up the male chicks - he has a local source that takes them and raises them as broilers (even the layers). If anyone is interested, I'm happy to provide his contact info - we've bought from him many times.

Backyard chickens depend on what county you're in - for example, Denver county allows 8 hens and 2 dwarf goats after a license is obtained (which is just paying a $25 fee). http://www.denvergov....­
or call 311

Other counties are different. I'd recommend you check out the denver urban homesteading webpage and Saturday chicken swaps.