addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Know of any Bee Trees in Denver area?

Know of any Bee Trees in Denver area?

Judith M.
Judithmo
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I'm would like to map and photograph Bee Trees in the Denver metro area.

Bee Trees are where honey bees make their home - usually in an old tree, sometimes entirely hollow, sometimes just a little hollow, many times the entrance is where a woodpecker has created an opening. Many times Bee Tree openings are high in the tree, sometimes just above eye level and sometimes even at the base. Many times the trees are located near a stream, river, pond or lake but not always.

Anyone know of any Bee Trees in the area? Please send me the address of the tree and if known what type of tree it is and what height is the entrance so I know where to look.

thanks so much!