Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Starting a Worm Bin-anyone have worms to spare?

Starting a Worm Bin-anyone have worms to spare?

carolyn m
user 3166169
Bailey, CO
Post #: 7
I'd like to start a worm bin and need some worms to start. Does anyone have some to spare?

Carolyn
Loretta B.
LorettaBanta
Denver, CO
Post #: 15
My compost bin usually has a lot of small red ones. You can get in touch and we'll dig some for you (but you might end up helping me turn my pile).
Lisa C
user 3579029
Denver, CO
Post #: 18
I have a fairly prolific worm bin and could give you a starter bunch of red wigglers. I'm in Erie, but get into Denver often. -Lisa
Jennifer
user 10357377
Denver, CO
Post #: 22
Lisa, I live in Johnstown and am also in the process of getting a bin started. I have just begun raising rabbits, if you like rabbit meat ( my first litters will be in march or April) or would like a bucket of rabbit manure for gardening or your worms we could arrange a trade of some sort.
Thaddeus
user 8992023
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
I could help out. I'm in the west Denver area.
Jennifer
user 10357377
Denver, CO
Post #: 23
Thaddeus and Lisa, I'm not sure if either of you are home in the mornings, but I work in Westminster until 8am, Monday - Thursday. I'm free all day Friday, late afternoon early morning on Saturday, and until 4pm on Sunday. Let me know what I need to bring to retrieve the worms and when either of you are available. You can also text me at 303-330-1000.
carolyn m
user 3166169
Bailey, CO
Post #: 8
Thanks Loretta! Worms are safely in place in their bin. I appreciate you taking the time to go through your compost with me to "harvest" them.
Loretta B.
LorettaBanta
Denver, CO
Post #: 17
You are welcome! I hope they are happy in their new home.
Kathryn
user 114459492
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
HI,
Is there anyone with spare worms again? I am hoping to find some for my mom. She has a bin but no worms (recent move) and tells me that she's given away worms when she had a very active bin at this time of year - overwintering fewer worms is easier?? Anyway, please let me know if you have extra worms.
David B.
DavidBraden
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Post #: 19
We have plenty to share here in Golden if that is convenient for you. Give me a call 303.549.9787