Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Need a chicken coop

Need a chicken coop

Caroline
user 12341869
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
Is anyone selling or giving away a chicken coop? I need an inexpensive one big enough for 3-4 hens with an attached run.
Thanks
keith
user 10961147
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
Ryan H.
user 9642216
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
OMG to go inside your house??? Are your a renter? Do you live in an apartment? I love chickens, have 5 myself, and totally respect your wanting chickens as well, and to go to great lengths to have them, but their has to be a better way than keeping them indoors. What about starting a chicken share program with someone who has a little space outdoors?
Caroline
user 12341869
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
Ha ha Ryan, no, the coop is for outdoors :) I will have 1 show quality bird inside. She can roam about the house in her diaperoo. She will be our lady Godiva. She's a bantam Polish frizzle. We used to have a Sebright at home. She would just sit on the couch and watch TV. We ended up taking her to a farm.
Caroline
user 12341869
Denver, CO
Post #: 12
Thanks Keith, I forgot about Craigs List
Mary H.
user 9691716
Denver, CO
Post #: 295
I could see having a chicken inside if the bottom of a cage had a mesh that let the poop through for when you don't want it roaming around.
We have an unused chicken coop. It is rather large though. Can send you a picture if you are interested.
Mary
Caroline
user 12341869
Denver, CO
Post #: 13
Mary, that would be great. i would love to see a picture. You can email me at marcelekb@dvierow.com