Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Propose Meetups - Volunteer to Host › Ideas for the next meetup and future meetups: Which ones do you want to take

Ideas for the next meetup and future meetups: Which ones do you want to take part in?

A former member
Post #: 6
For our upcoming meetup I was thinking we could have a speaker come out and talk to us about raising chickens. One of the folks from the Colorado Poultry Association said he could probably come out. He's also an expert coop-builder!

It would be best if this is done at someone's house who has chickens already in case he wants to show us instead of just telling us. Any volunteers?

Other upcoming event ideas:

• One of our members builds his own wind turbines and has invited us out to see how some of it is done.
  • Two of our members are irrigation experts. Maybe they could show us how to do a rain barrel and soaker hose irrigation system
  • We get our milk in raw form from Ebert Farms. They have farm tours so if anyone wants to learn how to milk a cow this could be of interest.
  • My wife and I are volunteering at an animal shelter this weekend. She takes care of goats, chickens, emus... and just about any other animal you can think of. I'll ask if I can bring the group out for a day. Would you rather volunteer or everyone chip in $10 to get a class on something (eg hoof trimming, deworming, etc...)

And for all of the gardeners out there, I'm willing to trade my time for yours if you want to switch weekends helping out other members.