Shannon T.
user 8876751
Littleton, CO
Post #: 1
Hello my name is Shannon and I am new to the group. I am very interested in learning all that you talk about on the site. I also can food, bake from scratch, make homemade pasta, sausage, hams anything really. I would love to learn to make cheese. I get hung up on the milk most times. Its hard to get fresh milk and even harder to find goat milk. My Dad and I are planning a big urban garden this year and would love to learn about how to do it right. My dad is a retired construction worker (jack of all trades) who would volunteer some time and I would help with labor or cooking whatever needed. My dad has built homemade solar heaters that heats his garage and he would love to learn more. I look forward to future meetups.

Shannon
Kelly
kellyrs
Kiowa, CO
Post #: 4
Welcome Shannon!

I was a member of Windsor Dairy, until I found out my son was allergic. Windsor is cow's milk and it's great! There are a few goat milk dairies on this list... http://www.rawmilkcol...­

I'm sure we'll meet you soon!
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Hi Shannon! I'm new too! Maybe I should post my own hello.
Anyway, welcome to the group! I look forward to meeting everyone!
Shannon T.
user 8876751
Littleton, CO
Post #: 5
Hi Kelly

Thanks for the link! I am going to sign up for a goat milk share and then learn how to make goat cheese!!!

Hi Jessica, this looks like a great place to learn and I am looking forward to meet everyone at the next meetup!

Shannon
Jennifer J.
highlandsfreedom
Wheat Ridge, CO
Post #: 6
OH, I JUST read about cheesemaking last night in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Now I really want to try it.

Great book.

Welcome to the group!
A former member
Post #: 1
I just retired as school principal after 42 yrs. I always hatched chickens in my classrooms, raised rabbits and raised plants from seed in our classroom windows.
I have small cabin and working on making it self sufficient as possible for the hard times coming.
I am interested in helping young families learn how to can, raise a garden, and small animals. Also help them realize where we are in our financial situation today.
I have time to help in any way I can. I just dont want to lead like I have done for so many yrs. Looking forward to my first meeting.
A former member
Post #: 66
Hello Shannon, Hello Richard!

Shannon looks like you'll get your wish RE: Cheesemaking. Hurry up though, there are only 9 spots in my little kitchen. :-D