Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Propose Meetups - Volunteer to Host › Another Session on Chickens Please!

Another Session on Chickens Please!

Derec
shulerd
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
We're getting chickens and it would be really helpful to have another session on chickens, how to care for them, building a coop, working them into your gardening plan, etc. We don't know exactly where to start beyond the fact we're getting them. If the group isn't interested in putting another Meetup together would anyone be willing to let us come over and see their setup? Thanks!
Kelly
kellyrs
Kiowa, CO
Post #: 10
You're welcome to visit my coop. It's amazing how truly easy chickens are to keep! I was going to build a chicken tractor but, during a trip to Home Depot, made the mistake of asking my husband for advice on one latch. He took over! Now we have a coop that is bigger than I had in mind and too heavy to tractor, but it is a good one and works just fine. The girls don't care!

We're near 470 & Wadsworth. Send me a message if you'd like to come over.
A former member
Post #: 19
I'll see what I can do about getting another session together. The other one was a huge success. In the meantime, send me an email if you'd like to see our very simple setup.

And post any questions you have so other group members can answer them!

Regards,

Everett
A former member
Post #: 3
You're welcome to come see our coop as well as our young chickens! We have four aruacanas (we will see if one is a rooster!) Our chicks have not moved into the coop/tractor yet, as they're still a little young and the coop needs a few finishing touches. I've done tons of research and tried to incorporate all the great ideas I've found, so it's all very fresh in my mind... Also, I've learned a lot about raising them that I could share!
We are in Denver - near 6th and Colo. Blvd.
Whampus
user 6885302
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
I would also love another chicken session/meetup. I just joined this group and missed the last chicken session :(. I would love to see another urban coop set up and pick someones brain about chicken care, coop building, composting the chicken poo, etc. I can't wait to get a couple of girls in my back yard.
Thank you!