addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Shannon T.
user 8876751
Littleton, CO
Post #: 11
Hello, I wanted to share my freezer jam experience. With strawberry's and blackberry's going on sale very cheap lately I decided to try freezer jams. First I made strawberry and it was very good. Then I tried blackberry and I liked that even better!!! Next time I plan on trying a low sugar recipe because the regular kind has a ton of sugar. I also plan on trying to can the jam instead of freezing. The storage life is allot longer canned then frozen.

Shannon

A former member
Post #: 48
Hello Shannon,

Can you share with us how they were made? Did you need to use any pectin?
Shannon T.
user 8876751
Littleton, CO
Post #: 13
Here is the recipe I used. As you can see it has a ton of sugar!! It is however very good and very easy to make. The other day I made a batch of peanut butter jelly bars and they were great with this jam. Toast and coffee are heaven also.

3 c. blackberries, crushed
5 1/4 c. sugar
1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin

Measure berries into large bowl; thoroughly stir in sugar and let stand 10 minutes. Mix 3/4 cup water and Sure-Jell in small saucepan. Bring to a full boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. At once, stir into fruit and continue stirring 3 minutes. Immediately put into prepared containers (freezer jars or cartons that have been scalded), leaving 1/2 inch space at top.
With a damp cloth, wipe any spills from containers. Cover at once with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Store jam in freezer until ready for use.

Peanut butter & jelly bars recipe. Ina Garten Food Network

Ingredients
nocoupons
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter (recommended: Skippy)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups (18 ounces) raspberry jam or other jam
2/3 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch cake pan. Line it with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are combined.

In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.

Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom with a knife or offset spatula. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don't worry if all the jam isn't covered; it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.

Shannon