Marybeth
user 8969396
Denver, CO
Post #: 14
I discovered a great garden on Saturday. The residents at 2737 Julian Street in the Highlands have created a pick your own herb garden in their hell strip. They created a sign encouraging the neighbors to cut herbs as they need them along with some information about the different herbs - right now there is a sheet about tarragon. They are growing parsely, sage, thyme, catnip, tarragon, mint, oregano, chives, lavendar and some other herbs. I love the concept of creating something for the neighborhood in your yard and want to do something similar. I thought the members of this group would be interested too so thought I would pass along the information.

You can see a picture here: http://www.flickr.com...­

A former member
Post #: 3
What a fabulous idea! I wonder where I could do something like this.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm trying to get the same concept going in my building. We have a patch of land that's used for nothing and would make a fantastic garden. I was thinking of proposing the same concept: pick what you need.

I went to school in Fullerton, CA and remember fondly picking oranges from the "First Ever Valencia Orange Tree" located on campus. That tree fed quite few starving students!