addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › I have Turkens (Naked Neck Chickens) available.

I have Turkens (Naked Neck Chickens) available.

Christine B.
Turkenlover
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I orded 16 from the hatchery, gave 2 away, but am only planning on keeping 6. I would like to find new homes for 6-8 of them. They are about 8 weeks old and are very sweet. Turkens are entertaining, and make good layers and meat birds. I will need to ask some money for them or trade could work too.

Thanks!
Kay H.
user 9171294
Kittredge, CO
Post #: 13
Are they sexed? I can only have hens...

--Kay
Christine B.
Turkenlover
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
They were sexed as hens at the hatchery. Sexing is usually 90-95% accurate. :-)
Derec
shulerd
Denver, CO
Post #: 26
Kay, they are good meat birds if they turn out to be roosters smile
A former member
Post #: 4
What color are they?
Christine B.
Turkenlover
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
They range from buff to light brown.
Kay H.
user 9171294
Kittredge, CO
Post #: 14
Derec,,,hmmm. So if they're roosters I will need to look for my bow and arrows,,,or maybe become a VEGETARIAN. biggrin
Christine B.
Turkenlover
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I will take back any roosters or help kill and process them. I originally planned to eat what I was not keeping, but I don't have enough room to raise them all. smile