addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Another Law to Follow for Chicken Keepers

Another Law to Follow for Chicken Keepers

A former member
Post #: 60
3,000 eggs a year might sound like a lot, but that's really only 10 or 11 hens. According to THIS REPORT, the FDA is considering new regulations that would have anyone who gets more than 3,000 eggs in a year from their chickens follow a bunch of new procedures, such as constant monitoring for salmonella.

What I want to know is > Does this include just those selling eggs, or anyone at all who gets that many eggs in a year, perhaps to give away to friends, etc... ?

I do agree that we need better regulation of our factory farms, but I think 10 or 11 hens is a far cry from that.
A former member
Post #: 9
The gov't is out of control!