Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Meetup Announcements and News › Anyone want to buy a great old 1922 house?

Anyone want to buy a great old 1922 house?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,
I was talking to Everett about selling my house "green". The conversation follows.

How "green" does your house have to be? I do not have solar, wind or any active system.
Just to give you some background, the house was built in 1922 with reclaimed wood, windows and doors from an old school or hospital. I know the history of the house as it was built by my neighbor's grandfather. Of course, much remodeling has gone into it in the last 80+ years. It is such a great old house and I hate to leave it, but I think it has become too much for me to keep up. I have fond memories of canning lots of tomatoes out of the garden and freezing string beans, rhubarb and peppers.

It has a larger size lot with a 2 bedroom garage house. There is a garden area 15 x 20 which is rocked in and xeriscaped, but could easily be converted back. The garden also has a drip irrigation system and I use the compost bin daily. I have taken out much of the sod over the years and replaced with xeriscaped beds and trees. The front yard could be converted to a nice edible garden as well, as the grass is doing poorly on the sloped areas.

Do you know anyone who would be interested in a nice 4 bed, 2 bath house with a carriage house?

I have not attended any meetings yet, but I enjoy knowing about upcoming events and discussions. This is a very interesting group!

Thanks again for your advice-
Susan

Susan,

The house has to have some green features to be listed as such, but the good news is that Green Door Living can handle all types of homes. I don't think they're limited to just those with "green" features like solar.

Contact Christian Thompson if you're interested.

Kind regards,

Everett

If anyone is interested you will have to copy and paste this address.
http://www.cohomefind...­

Thanks so much to Everett and this great site!!