addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
My name is Rich , Denver native and long time cheese making at home teacher. I am always looking for another outlet to share my 20 years of making cheese at home . I make Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella,Ricotta, Queso Blanco ,Hard Cheese Recipes ,Feta, Cheddar, Butter , Yogurt ,Gouda, Blue Brie etc.
IS there an interest ?
I am new to Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group .
Please let me know how to proceed
Thanks and Peace
Rich
A former member
Post #: 18
I know absolutely know nothing about making cheese but would love to learn. I also have the ability to get fresh goat milk. Welcome to the group Rich.

Take care,
Aimee
Diana
user 10518262
Denver, CO
I would love a cheese making class.
A former member
Post #: 2
I would love a cheese making class.

Diana ,
I am hoping to teach a Mozarella class at Everetts home
see my web page for more information about current classes
www.richscheese.com
Rich
A former member
Post #: 67
This class has been scheduled. I hope to see you all here next month!
Tschaka R.
user 13119805
Coventry, GB
Dear Rich,

I've been trying to make cheddar cheese according to the instruction printed here (How to make your own vegetarian cheddar cheese)but when I cut up the curds and stir them they seem to turn into a yoghurt. What am I doing wrong?

Shaka

My name is Rich , Denver native and long time cheese making at home teacher. I am always looking for another outlet to share my 20 years of making cheese at home . I make Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella,Ricotta, Queso Blanco ,Hard Cheese Recipes ,Feta, Cheddar, Butter , Yogurt ,Gouda, Blue Brie etc.
IS there an interest ?
Thanks and Peace
Rich

Cynthia G.
user 13566888
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Yes to classes.
Thank you so much!
Cynthia
Judith M.
Judithmo
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Yes, I would be interested in learning how to make mozzarella, hard cheese, feta or cheddar. I'm new to this group too so don't have any suggestions how to proceed... If am particularly interested in making any of these from goat milk since I plan to have a few goats in the future.... It is now legal to keep two dwarf goats per household in Denver so other urban homesteaders also might be interested in goat cheeses in particular. (I've made chevre and queso blanco from goat milk but haven't attempted hard cheeses).
Thank you! Judith Moran
A former member
Post #: 4
This class has been scheduled. I hope to see you all here next month!

I hate to be dumb, but I checked this website and Rich's site and cannot find the class. You said it has been scheduled and I cannot find it. Could you tell us where and when next month?
A former member
Post #: 3
Shaka,
It's either the milk or the rennet . Rennet must be frozen if powder or tablets, refrigerated if liquid. It lasts about a year. Milk can not be ultra pasteurized. Those are first thoughts. I would need more details to be sure but it is probably one of the above 2 conditions.
Feel free to email me richscheese at msn.com or take any questions to the Denver cheese forum at http://cheeseforum.ri...­
classes at CFU and other locations choose classes at www.richscheese.com
Luck
Rich the Denver cheese teacher

Dear Rich,

I've been trying to make cheddar cheese according to the instruction printed here (How to make your own vegetarian cheddar cheese)but when I cut up the curds and stir them they seem to turn into a yoghurt. What am I doing wrong?

Shaka

IS there an interest ?
Thanks and Peace
Rich