addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Coturnix Quail and Rabbits

Coturnix Quail and Rabbits

A former member
Post #: 17
Ive had the same problems with Jeffco zoning, lost some dairy goats because of it. As far as the thread topic I'd go with rabbits, the manure is great, the meat great and rabbits are nice and quiet. If you could just find good hay for the suckers.
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 34
I was a little worried about how the bee thing would go. I'm doing a hive this year, and I'm just hoping my neighbors don't notice or care. I wasn't sure what the laws were here in unincorporated Jeffco.
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 113
Seth, I know it's been years since I lat asked this question, but my husband and I are seriously planning to get some coturnix quail next year, would you still be willing to show us your set up?
A former member
Post #: 1
Seth, I know it's been years since I lat asked this question, but my husband and I are seriously planning to get some coturnix quail next year, would you still be willing to show us your set up?

Seth,
We're at Belleview and Wadsworth and my wife and I were also talking about getting quail. I'd almost pay to get a quail-lesson. In the driveway is fine - I don't need to see the inside of your house. cool

Jessica,
If no response from Seth, would love to attempt to figure this out. I'm swamped till Feb, but I will send a direct email to you with our contact info.

-Jim
Seth C
user 9716219
Littleton, CO
Post #: 20
sorry I have been aroud spotly..
I gave up on my birds in 2010 after the birth of my daughter..I had a weasel come in and kill 3/4 of them so it made a good time to
I i still have my set up if some one is instresed in looking @ it or buying it(cages, incubator etc)...I keep meaning to post it on craigs list but never get around to it..
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 125
Oh my god, how much would you ask for it?
Congrats on your daughter, by the way! I just had my second child last summer. :-)
A former member
Post #: 14
I would consider ducks. Right now I have call ducks, a black East Indie mix, and an Indian Runner. The call ducks and black east indies are smaller ducks. They lay medium eggs. The only issue is the calls can be a bit noisy. My runner is very sweet and though she's bigger than her buddies doesn't seem to take too much extra room. She lays extra large eggs. The ducks have been easy keepers. I've raised quail too. They were easy to raise and my kids loved the little eggs. Those were better for them than the rest of us. Good luck!
Pamela
user 72504402
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hi Seth, can this setup u have work for chickens in their early weeks then as a chicken coop? If so I would love to see to purchase? How much btw? Thanks Pam!
sorry I have been aroud spotly..
I gave up on my birds in 2010 after the birth of my daughter..I had a weasel come in and kill 3/4 of them so it made a good time to
I i still have my set up if some one is instresed in looking @ it or buying it(cages, incubator etc)...I keep meaning to post it on craigs list but never get around to it..

Seth C
user 9716219
Littleton, CO
Post #: 21
ok here is what i have
its comersial pen for meat chickens that I added extra mesh to the floor for the quail.. 6 pens, 6+ birds per pen
I used it inside the garage for "stealth" reasons $60
2 chicken waters $5 each
brower top hatch incubator- $75
pigeon trap pen-$20
let me know if people are still instresed
email aafireworks@live.com
Jessica
JessicaStoneTroy
Denver, CO
Post #: 128
I'm totally interested! I just emailed you!