Now that Leaser Lake has been re-filled, it's beautiful and ready to go. You can kayak, bike, fish, hike or just hang with friends. this is child friendly event.
There are 3 launch sites, I will be at the NORTH RAMP, which is located on ONTELAUNEE ROAD at 11:00 am. The 117-acre lake provides fishing from boats or shore. A 4-mile trail around the lake provides beautiful views for hiking and biking.
The picnic area is really nice, but I only saw a picnic table or two. You are responsible for your own food and drink. There are clean rest rooms but no sink and no running water. The parking lot and launch site is very spacious, you can drive right down to the water.
Suggested items to bring: folding chair, blanket or folding table, grill, sun screen, bug spray, hat, jug of water, water shoes, a boom box.
If your interested in renting a kayak, canoe, row boat, standup paddle board or bike there is a local place which will deliver and pickup your rented item. Here is their website which has their hours & prices. I suggest calling them and making reservations.
For more information on Leaser lake please visit their website at: http://www.lehighcounty.org/departments/parksandrecreation/leaserlake/tabid/449/default.aspx
Risk disclaimer: This is a social event and you agree that your participation in this event signifies that you are aware that you are participating AT YOUR OWN RISK!
• Alcohol Beverages prohibited.
• Your boat must be registered or have a valid launch permit (Rangers do check).
• If you fish, you must have a fishing license.
• Abide by all normal safety rules when on the water, use your PDF with a noise device, know how to swim!
• Grills are allowed but no open fires.
• No swimming, unless you fall off your paddle board:)
• All dogs must be kept on a leash and clean up after your pet.
• This event will be cancelled due to bad weather.
• Leaser Lake's actual address is: 8502 Pleasure Court, New Tripoli, PA 18066
Please make sure you know where your going, I will not be answering my cell as I will be kayaking. I will put Meetup signs on the back of my lawn chair.
Directions from Fogelsville:
• Head North on Route 100 for about 8 miles.
• Left onto 309 North for about 3 miles.
• Left onto 143 South for about 5 miles.
• Right onto Ontelaunee Road (the road comes to a "Y" make sure once on Ontelaunee Road you bear left and stay on Ontelaunee Road).
• You will see the Leaser lake sign for parking and launch area on your left hand side.
PLEASE REMEMBER I WILL BE AT THE NORTH LAUNCH ON ONTELAUNEE RD. If you see my silver FORD Escape, license plate "IMIRE", your at the right launch.