The Greater Lehigh Valley Outdoors Adventures Message Board › Explore old overgrown abandoned Railroad Tracks

Explore old overgrown abandoned Railroad Tracks

DanT
DanT0308
Nazareth, PA
Post #: 61
Would anyone like to explore old overgrown abandoned Railroad Tracks? I know where several are in the area. If there is, I'll make a couple of events for these and maybe others know where some are too.
Renee H.
Renbeth
Phillipsburg, NJ
Post #: 1
I'm definitely interested!
A former member
Post #: 1
Exploring abandoned railroads is one of my hobbies. I am from the Scranton area so most of what I have photographed is from that area. I post my findings on my website. I have many historical maps and atlas which helps in finding these old R.O.W.'s

http://www.nepaview.c...­

Mike

Would anyone like to explore old overgrown abandoned Railroad Tracks? I know where several are in the area. If there is, I'll make a couple of events for these and maybe others know where some are too.

A former member
Post #: 6
I love old railroad tracks, stations, & industries that depended on them. I also love model railroading. I'm in!
A former member
Post #: 2
Do you have any details as to where these old tracks lie? Might be helpful to look at some maps ahead of time. I am not familiar with the Lehigh Valley area so I would need major roads, towns/city etc.. GPS coordinate would be the ticket biggrin

Mike

DanT
DanT0308
Nazareth, PA
Post #: 62
The two sets that I have in mind are:

1. Just off 8th Ave next to Lowes in Bethlehem close to Martin Tower

and

2. Off Lehigh St in Easton. There is an incline with rails barely visible across the street from the Two Rivers Bus Parking area.
DanT
DanT0308
Nazareth, PA
Post #: 63
Which would be a better day, Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon? Saturdays I have to work every other one but all Sundays I'm off.
Renee H.
Renbeth
Phillipsburg, NJ
Post #: 2
Either one - just not Sunday morning, please. Looking forward to this!
A former member
Post #: 3
The two sets that I have in mind are:

1. Just off 8th Ave next to Lowes in Bethlehem close to Martin Tower

Old CNJ line part of it became Norforlk Southern, part of it listed as in use, but to the east it goes abandoned and there are two old railroad bridges still intact, one over Eaton Ave, second, over I-378

and

2. Off Lehigh St in Easton. There is an incline with rails barely visible across the street from the Two Rivers Bus Parking area.

Far east side of Lehigh St shows a bike path, part of a rail-trail and the "Easton & Western Branch" of the CNJ badly broken up due to development.

Mike