addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
dave p.
the.stig
Macungie, PA
Post #: 2
I'd like to get at least 4 people together to play double deck pinochle in the evening either Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm looking for skilled players. I have around 50 years experience playing both single and double deck, but, personally, I think single deck is for wimps. I count trump, aces, and aces and tens of trump and you should, also. The best part of the game for me is maximizing the number of points you take in tricks and I play accordingly and so should you.

Rules I play by: opening bid of 50, by ones up to 60 then by 5. meld bids: if someone opens with 50 and you're next and you want to tell your partner you have 20 meld, you would bid 52. If you are first to bid and you want to tell your partner you have aces, you bid 51. Double pinochle is 30, triple pinochle is 90. Double jacks is 40, etc.

You must have 20 meld to make the board whether you take the bid or not. You must take 20 points in tricks to save your meld whether you take the bid or not. You must have a marriage to call trump. You must beat the trick in all suits, not just in trump.

The game is to 500 and you can win without having the bid, however if both teams go over 500 on the same hand, the bidder wins whether they have the highest score or not.

If you are interested, you can e-mail me directly at dcpfjr@yahoo.com. In your e-mail, please give your first name, what day works best for you (even if it's not Tuesday or Wednesday), and what town you live in so that if there are enough people interested we can set up more than one game and put the players together geographically to cut down on travel. For each game that does get set up, the players would rotate hosting the game. This will be 1st come 1st serve, so if there are 1, 2 or 3 "extras", they would be put on a sub list. Also, if you are interested, but don't want to commit to playing weekly, I'll add your name to the sub list.

Again, this is for experienced double-deck pinochle players only.

Thanks

Dave