I am organizing a beginning meetup business group around green event services, providers and production, with a regional focus in the North Bay.
Hello to my friends and compatriots on the forefront of Green Event Production and Services, and also to new folks in this sector I have not met.
We may have seen each other at several events over the last few seasons, slowly getting our message and solutions out into the fields in real time uses, and we have been supportive of each other to continue on and expand these clean, green and sustainable options, all while supporting local business.
It does seem to me we are at the ground floor of some new strategies around event production, planning and management, along with the marketing of that to sponsors, directors, and the public.
I have talked to some of you individually about the idea of us getting together a little tighter, and sharing info, networking, concepts and ideas, what works so far, and collaborating more.
As this is the time to take stock of the years event season, and look ahead for strategy and planning, I wanted to propose a;
GREEN EVENT PROVIDERS MEETUP
I am suggesting some online discussions and networking in these subjects, but I also see a real live meeting sometime soon in the Sonoma county area, and hope to see this occasionally ongoing.
It would be great to have a meet and greet, where we can get around the table and compare notes, strategy, what works and what doesn't, collaborate, affiliate, send referrals, share suggestions, support and empower our visions.
We all are bringing some unique and various aspects to the business and practical features of running outdoor events, productions, music festivals, parties, gatherings, etc, etc.
We all see more space for this to grow, and get improved, more professional and accepted into the event world, and many of our areas sometimes blend over into a comprehensive and holistic approach.
Certainly the education of the public, and event technical management is part of the picture.
Alot of these topics apply to temporary and outdoor events, where all the infrastructure has to be brought into the gig, and created on the site and then removed, although indoor events in established buildings also have some of these considerations.
Some of the services provided in this group, and topics to consider would included:
- zero waste, recycling, trash management, and composting
- clean and green alternatives to diesel equipment for power and lighting
- alternatives to plastic throw-away water bottles, filtered water stations, etc.
- clean transportation alternatives to gas engines in onsite carts, plus getting attendees around and into events
- public transit alternatives to huge parking lots of cars
- new alternates to throw-away food services support, re-usable utensils, plates, cups
- cooperation and support with caterers, food vendors, and beverage suppliers
- new efficient equipment and practices in sound and lighting production
- green practices education for public, attendees and production staff
- consulting and alignment with event producers and technical managers for greening goals
- sponsor marketing support for green event practices, services and equipment
- highlighting messaging in marketing, media, and PR for maximum benefits to production and sponsors
- leveraging green and sustainable branding for targeted audience
- improving financial and economic models to support sustainable practices both for event producers and event green service vendors
- considering carbon footprint and environmental costs in event production
- negotiating local regulations, codes and business as usual practices