Class dates: July 20, August 3, August 24, September 7, September 14 OR 28 (TBD), October 5
This class series is devoted to the art and science of medicine-making. In the course of this series, students will become adept at making and using all of the most common herbal medicines, and understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
At the end of the course, students will have created an extensive apothecary of herbal medicines, and will gain the ability to create many more. We will make medicines for each class, you'll have the opportunity to try many variations, you will take home samples, and recipes to create them at home.
Classes for this series:
1. The Universal Solvent: Water Infusions. Water extracts of herbs as teas, baths, compresses, washes. Formulation of tea blends.
2. The Joy of Tinctures (Plus the slightly lesser, but occasionally necessary, Joy of Glycerites). Making of clinical strength tinctures and glycerites.
3. Food-Based Solvents: Vinegar and Honey extractions, together and separately. Making of honey herb syrups, acetums, oxymels and other archaic and lovely medicines.
4. The Art of Elixirs: Letting go of the science-based method of tincture making and embracing the wild and exceptionally fine method of blending delicious medicinal elixirs.
5. Feeding The Skin: Making infused oils, salves, and creams.
6. Kitchen Medicine: Herbs as healing foods. Sampling of many delicious healing foods, recipes for use of common herbs and spices from the pantry and farmer's market.
Requires payment to RSVP, or prior arrangement with me.
Course fee of $100 for the full series of 6 classes (a discount of $20 from the usual class fee!)