We eat it every day, but often we don’t know as much as we would like about where our food comes from, and what impact it’s growth and production has on the environment.
This GreenUps is for everyone who wants to know more about how we can make sustainable food choices, foster a more connected approach to buying our groceries and produce, and how as a community we can grow food more sustainably.
We will hear from:
- a leading Sydney Chef committed to sourcing sustainable produce (who, will be revealed closer to the date. stay tuned!)
- Food Connect a social enterprise that aims to make organic and ethically grown food affordable while paying farmers a fair price
- Free range providores Feather & Bone who encourage their customers to be more aware of where our food comes from and how every part of the cycle from ‘paddock to plate’ directly or indirectly affects us and our environment.
- Alfalfa House Sydney’s oldest not-for-profit food co-op that provides members with minimally packaged and processed, affordable, wholesome, organic food.
- Sydney City Farm – a community organisation working with local councils to establish City Farms in Sydney to provide a showcase of how we can live more sustainably and have greater connection with where our food comes from.
Delicious free-range, organic and chemical free food (with veg/vegan options) - supplied and catered by ?Food Connect, Feather & Bone, Alfalfa House and The Falconer
Entry fee of $20 - includes food and wine.