GreenspaceNYC Message Board › Recovery After Sandy Volunteer Round-up
New York, NY
We're moving our recovery after Sandy volunteer posts into discussion! They didn't make sense as RSVPs.
Visit our blog post for a larger list:http://www.greenspace....
Email us with any additions: email@example.com. And please reply to the thread with any additions!
- Tomorrow Occupy Sandy volunteers will bring surplus food from St. Jacobi Church to a new location. If you are a driver and want to help out tomorrow call the church at (718) 439-8978.
St. Jacobi Church 5406 4th Ave. between 54th and 55th St., Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
-Food donations can be brought to Miccio Community Center (110 W 9th Street, Hicks/Henry). Many locations seek drivers! If you have a full tank of gas and want to dispatch supplies to locations you're greatly needed!
- Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition is doing a massive clean up this weekend. 10AM on Saturday (and again on Sunday 11AM). It's Door 7, at 499 Van Brunt, across from the Fairway. Make sure to wear old work clothes, waterproof boots and, if you have them, bring work gloves. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to the New York Food Bank.
- City Meals on Wheels Seek Drivers. They need volunteers on Saturday, November 3. Deliveries will take place in Manhattan. If you are interested, contact them with your full name, phone number, email address and whether or not you have a vehicle that can be used for deliveries. Send this information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update this page throughout the coming days
as our volunteer needs change.
- Clean up Point Pleasant! People can call 1-800-JERSEY-7 or email email@example.com. If the hotline is not being answered, potential volunteers can call 609-775-5236 or 908-303-0471. To check with Megan Golden about cleanup efforts on East Drive in Point Pleasant, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by Laura Scherling on Nov 2, 2012 11:27 PM