Welcome to the Greenville Walk and Talks, [:D]
We are a private walking group for adults.
For security reasons, a self-identifying photo is mandatory before any new membership will be CONSIDERED for approval. We do have a cap on the number of members, so please be aware that all requests for membership do require approval.
If you have been a former member but were dropped from the group for failure to meet attendance requirements, please do not reapply directly but contact the organizer preferably.
A typical walk is in the 4 mile range during the week, and anywhere from 4 to 6 miles on the weekend, depending on the location. We try to keep a steady pace, where we're still able to enjoy conversations with fellow walkers. Please note we are NOT a dog walking group.
If approved, you will join the Greenville Walk and Talks as a FULL member. NO 30-DAY TRIAL PERIOD. A $10 non-reimbursable membership fee is due immediately (please PROCESS AS A CONTRIBUTION) and a $5 annual renewal fee thereafter. You are invited to participate in any walk and/or other group organized activity to become acquainted with our other friendly members. Our group requires that NEW members participate in at least one (1) walk or organized activity within 30 days of joining. All OTHER members must participate in a MINIMUM of at least one (1) event every 60 days thereafter to maintain your membership (unless communicated to the group organizer).
Your membership will be terminated for failure to participate unless you have an organizer approved reason for non-participation. Also, if you do not change your "YES" RSVP to "NO" and/or do not show up resulting in three (3) "no shows" on your attendance record, your membership also will be terminated.
Most of our walks will be in the Cleveland Park/Falls Park area, although we occasionally go to other locations, particularly in the summer. Other places might include the Millennium parkway, Furman University, Paris Mountain State Park, the Swamp Rabbit Trail, Conestee Nature Park, as well as Heritage Park. We walk after work during the work week and during the day on weekends.
Guidelines of the "Greenville Walks" meet-up group:
1. Ignorance and rude behavior are not tolerated.
2. We will leave footprints and take only memories and pictures.
3. We will follow ALL laws, rules, and regulations in any and all areas we visit. NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, TOBACCO OR E-CIGARETTES OF ANY KIND.
4. No spam, junk mail, advertisement of products or services, or offensive or political statements on the boards or in messaging/e-mails to other members.
5. Do not attempt to do anything that you are not comfortable with.
6. If we go as a group, we return as a group.
7. No Drama.
8. The walks are planned for people and some group members do not care for dogs. Therefore, do not bring your dog without prior approval from the walk host. If a dog is allowed, all rules of any parks and/or trails must be adhered to by the dog's owner such as keeping them leashed at all times which is a County ordinance in all the Counties we hike in. Be prepared to pick-up after your dog should they defecate as this is also an ordinance in the Counties we hike. Offending dog owners will have their membership terminated.
9. By clicking on the RSVP tab and joining our group on any hike or walk you accept all responsibility and costs for yourself and will not hold any of the organizers, assistant organizers, event organizers, or hosts liable for any injuries you may incur during an event. You should know your own capabilities and inform organizers or hosts if an activity is beyond your limits and you wish to wait somewhere safe until the group is ready to return to their cars. It is important to make sure your health insurance is up to date and you have proper ID as well as your insurance card with you.
10. The goals of our meet-up are to have fun, enjoy the outdoors and be active. Active means participating. [b]Therefore, NEW members who are NOT active in any scheduled events within 30 days of being accepted or CURRENT members who are NOT active within 60 days, will be removed as a member (unless you have advised the group organizer).[/b]
11. If you are a “no show” for 3 events, which means you have RSVP’d “Yes” and you have not changed your response to “No”, three times, you will be terminated as a member and not allowed to re-join. This may seem harsh, but it is only fair to the Organizer and your fellow members who may be on a waiting list for a walk. ALSO NOTE: If you RSVP'd with a guest or guests and are a "No Show", your guests count towards your 3-No Shows.
12. It is imperative that you wear the proper gear when walking. If you are not wearing proper footwear you will not be allowed to go on the group walk.
13. Any group member may propose a new walk by either e-mailing the Organizer or posting a suggestion on the Discussion page. We encourage members to be walk "hosts" even if you can only host occasionally. The more willing hosts, the more walks we can post.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation and I look forward to seeing you!
DISCLAIMER: PARTICIPATION IN THIS MEETUP GROUP ("THE GROUP") IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE HOW FAR AND FAST YOU CAN WALK WITHOUT ADVERTENTLY OR INADVERTENTLY CAUSING INJURY TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS. THERE ARE ALSO INHERENT RISKS IN TRAVELING TO AND FROM ANY TWO POINTS, INCLUDING TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE WALKS AND ANY OUTINGS FOLLOWING THE WALKS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OBSERVE APPROPRIATE SAFETY MEASURES DURING ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING THE GROUP. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GROUP YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS AGAINST EACH AND EVERY OTHER MEMBER IN THE GROUP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST THE GROUP ORGANIZER.
1,102 Singles in the Greenville area
832 Animal Welfare Activists
911 Spiritual Travelers