We titled this group, "Group Name Here" as we could not think of anything else to describe the group we would like to put together. We had thought that once we started meeting and seeing where this takes us we would change it buuuuut, have decided not to. We love the name and so do most of our members! We find it funny and quirky! We find that is draws the right kind of people to us, those who dont get it just won't join. :)
We are starting this group because...well we know it sounds cliche but it is to make some new friends. The groups goal is to create new connections and hopefully lasting friendships.
So what type of things will be posted you ask...We have a great many ideas and are open to more. Please feel free to contact us anytime with you thoughts, upcoming events, etc. We will be doing things such as hikes, nature walks, wine tastings, movies, museums, comedy shows, theme nights out on the town, brunch, tea/coffee, volunteering and much more. We will be doing things all around Houston and its surrounding area. Maybe even a weekend road trip. We may post a happy hour here or there but that is not what this group is about.
Group Name Here Policies: 1. Profile Picture: must be a picture of yourself to join. We are now requiring this so we know who to look for at an event.
2. Attendance: We started this group without an attendance policy however, have found that it is much needed. We tried and hoped that people would be respectful and courteous of the people planning the events and the people attending the events. However, this has not been going well of late...with a list of consistent no shows, with only 35-50% attending of RSVPs and people showing up to events 1-2 hours late. We are not interested in a large number of members but rather a group of active member forming friendships. It really is very simply:
* Only RSVP yes if you plan on attending an event.
* If it turns out you are not going to be able to make it, simply update your RSVP to no.
* If you are running late simply call or text the organizer to let them know.
* If something happens and you cannot make it and you cannot update your RSVP we understand life happens sometimes. Just please let the organizer know by calling, texting, or even send a quick note afterward to let them know what happened.
We feel like these are pretty simply steps to follow. They are common courtesy.
After 3 no shows without hearing from you, you will be removed from the group, which we feel is more than fair.
If we go through our members list and see that you have not even been to the site in more than 3 months you will be removed.
If you have any questions regarding the new policy please contact your organizers.